Media

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Eagle on the move... 7/8

"Ice age, heat wave can't complain"

Why should I complain? Life is good for the most part. Living in this damned heat makes me want to sweat off everything that is bad.

Picked up books today for the Final 1 assignment, you know what is this place? I found books on the white house, it seems as though I will need to focus my writing on this aspect.

What will I smell in the white house? 400 year old mahogany? Turpentine, shoe polish, cheap perfume and democracy? The smell of anxiety building in those around me hustle, bustle and the thought that there is so much you can do in 24 hours. Around here the clock does not stop, old family, new family, first family..

Good morning Mr. President!

   Imagine living in a world where time doesn't stop, it continues in long morning hours and late evening hours, how to address someone on a regular basis is a wonder to me on how one would know what time it is.

Good afternoon Mr. President.

   The place itself is magnificent, full of history and preserved exquisitely. Hugely public, it still houses the first family. Privately public. Some of the worlds biggest and most dangerous decisions are made here. Its exciting while very intense all at the same time.

Good evening Mr. President.

The white house also houses dinners, socials, and other events that we do not even know about. It used to be the iconic family place to be. Carnivals and events would take place on the front lawn, luncheons and photo opportunities would also take place in the rose garden.

Good night Mr. President.

The white house is among all things, offices, mess halls, decision rooms, and lastly a home. The name "house" gives us that feeling that it is a home to the most powerful leader in the world. There lies within this palace a place where even small citizens like ourselves will never know. What does the kitchen look like? Are there dirty coffee cups in the sink, dirty clothes in the bedrooms? No one sees behind the doors of the presidential residence. Does the first daughter and son play sports and win trophies? Do these same awards line the walls and shelves of the white house residence? What happens if the presidents son plays football, will he take off early for a game?

I am nearing my first an second page in writing now, enjoying these practices...




1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a really cool place to do, the whitehouse. I wish I would have thought of something like that. I wanted to write on a place that impacted me personally, so I picked a chuch camp I grew up going to. I can find NO INFORMATION on it. I found the address, but they dont have a webpage or books or anything, I emailed my old children's pastor tonight to see if he knew where I could find any information on it. It may seem I need to change topics, on the other note, I still need to finish editing my final draft of my This I believe. I just don't know what to edit. I only had one person in my writing group reply to mine! Heck, we only had 3 out of the 6 in my writing group do their "This I believe Essay"