Media

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Swim between their legs... 7/12

The psyche of a child is so resilient. A child can be scared and afraid of something new, swimming, eating, and a new person.

I had the opportunity to spend time with a young man last night that has had a few troubles in his childhood. To know what he has been through in his life and to know he is just simply happy making flatulence noises and picking at his dinner in pieces. His father is away on business and he was spending time with my sister in law last-night, she is really passionate about him being the best young man he can be.

After a couple tosses in the swimming pool and a few hugs, I got to carry this young man back to the house and watch him drift off during the movie Rango that he chose because the latter option of Alice in Wonderland was not appeasing to him.

What do children want? To be snuggled, or told things are ok? Do they want to be happy, or live in fear? Children are happier when they are seen happy. I thought of my children last-night. I felt like the kiss on the forehead of this young man, went through him and to my own sons forehead.

Children sleep so well, a conscience not being developed into guilt, shame, or regret for a lot of years in their upbringing, they can rest on anything. I really do embrace the innocence of children. Or is it their faith in those older than them?


No comments: