Media

Monday, July 8, 2013

Where am I? 7/6

Looking at the next few weeks assignment from composition I am writhing inside myself.

I can write about one place artistically. It is almost like she has asked for some sort of abstract from us as a class.

Where to start is really the tough part. I could write a mysterious piece of writing about standing in the middle of the oval office. The office suggests the name, the position, the person, The President of the United States. One place I would love to see one day. No, not as the President, but as an adviser, not as a visitor but as someone who works in the West Wing.

I have been re-watching the show West Wing. How awesome it would be to be a writer for the President. To know its my creativity behind the words, and almost song like percussion of the Inaugural address. I would love to be able to write the speech given at the State of the Union. How wonderful it would be to live a life of politics and to be able to write about it. The press? Get real.

I could also write about one of my most favorite spots in the United States. The ballpark. Most people enjoyed their visit to the Hammons field fireworks show this weekend. Baseball, fireworks, one dollar bratwurst and ice cold beer. The older boys of summer in their crimson, midnight and greys. The smell of summer, the sting of sweat on their brow as another batter leans in for the coldest stare towards the mound. The wind up, the pitch..

One place to fill 4-5 pages with research, new and old things learned about this place of reference.

It's going to be a really good piece and one of the easiest pieces of writing Ive ever written.  

No comments: