Media

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Read this aloud... 7/3

I am halfway through this weeks lesson on Poynter's NewsU papers. That was a period. I ended the sentence because I wanted YOU the reader to know what I was reading. The subjects I am focusing on are reading about writing, and passive or active verbs, no adverbs, really im lost.

I opened the third portion of the reading on useful habits and said to myself, two hours? No way has this ever taken anyone two hours! I am finding it interesting though.

The writer is really witty, and smart, and on top of current events, he writes like a song, or is that something I read? Its a lot of good reading and I enjoyed what Mr. Clark had written.

I am excited to use parts of these exercises in my writing in the future. Although I cannot agree with repetition (parallel writing) in my writing. I understand this is used to emphasize a point, or to create a crescendo in my writing. It worked for Martin Luther King Jr. I just don't see it working for myself.

I like making writing sound like music. This is something I look forward to. It will help me articulate my writing. It will help improve my writings flow. I used the number seven as example. The number seven makes a good sentence. Hopefully everyone uses seven words in sentences. I think it would make things easier. Can you feel my rhythm right now? Are you getting bored with seven words?
Ok, I know it’s a bit abstract and weird but I wanted to try and see if I could write in that form. It is incredibly difficult and I feel that it would help a writer keep it short, manageable and help to cut more evenly through his/her writing.

As a kicker I think I will leave you wondering exactly where I am going in my writing as I am writing this I am driving myself nuts because I am not writing in a traditional manner I think you will understand when you finish reading this paragraph what is missing There are no little croissants or even road blocks or trees lying across the road If you can figure it out good for you If you didnt read the NewsU essays then you will not understand that this is my writing I can write it the way I want and I dont have to use punctuation

No comments: