Media

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

No title.. just because.. 7/16

How can one person title a blog before writing it? Isn't this supposed to be something that inspires us, our silent thoughts, and points of reasoning?

I know I have written so far enough blogs that if translated to ink would take up the entirety of a pen.

I am on blog number 25.

I am going to have to free write here soon on three topics for the class and then correlate some research based upon areas of study and then reveal a research question from each section. I am excited to see how my passions will actually play in my areas of study.

Is this to give students an idea of what they want to do in life with their educated careers?

Will I remember this summer? All of this writing? Will it take me somewhere? Will I end up writing an Ozarks column for the News-Leader? Will I be at every Central / Hillcrest match up the rest of my life because I once wrote a paper on how I am passionate about the Ozarks?

What is the use of tools helping me get through college, when will I learn something that will stay with me after college? Where do those lessons come in?

I have been in the workforce since I was 15. I have had a job and had co-workers since I could remember. I have learned the importance of responsibility and being accountable for your actions. I am a smart person or at least I feel that way. Why then, do I feel so dumb sometimes in my reading and lessons? Is it because I am on new level of thinking and process of thought? Or am I really dumb? I'll take the latter.

I am intrigued to see what I learn about myself in the following months. I look forward to walking the halls of MSU this time next summer filing registration papers in a four year university. I'll be part of all my cousins, but none of my parents or grandparents ever went or graduated. My mother never even graduated high school. Has it really been that long since life was that simple?

Crazy what this class has me thinking!

No comments: