Media

Monday, July 1, 2013

Writing until my fingers fall off 7/1

I've been writing I feel mostly all day. My wife and I live a pretty quiet together. She has a flea market booth that she manages in her time off, and we keep our back storage here at home. I hung four more shelves today. They were full before I left the room.
It's much like when I write. I sweated the "4 page mammoth" that I wrote about last night. I got back inside and was finished within two hours, rough draft, proof written and turned in to the writing group. My hands were sweaty from their fast movement on the keyboard and cramped from nearly 1700 words. The Frankenstein response I began and completed today. It was just a day full of writing. 
I sat down on the couch and watched a movie with my wife and realized after the movie.. I STILL HADN'T WRITTEN MY BLOG! 
I have found that life is full of composition no matter where you go. Sign your name here, write your address down, initial next to the "x", submit an email request to this address. Everywhere you go there is writing. Someone formulating thoughts into a melodic paint scheme. The solidarity of black ink flowing across the page leaving one impression. It's amazing how this one color stands for so much but can be so vivid, colorful and explanatory. 

My wife told me today, she is the first person ever in my life as well, that I am a good writer. 

It feels good. I guess if my fingers fall off, I'll just sew them back on and continue writing.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have totally been in those shoes! Just yesterday actually. I let the holiday and extended deadlines get the best of me so yesterday I spent the whole day playing catch-up so I won't be late on any assignment. Ugh.. how I dreaded sitting down yesterday but it is a lesson learned and that is to pace yourself and do a little everyday or at least if you are going to do it all in one day do it at the beginning of the week not the last day! I can totally relate to your post. Good job.
Regina Crawford